Whether it’s the coronavirus, or the common cold or flu, the following tips are going to ensure that you are able to breathe deep and free. These tips will keep your lungs healthy and airway passages open and clean. Enjoy!
- Pound on your chest like an ape does to loosen lungs and boost the immune system
- Do deep breathwork – especially before you get out of bed in the morning
- Stay hydrated- the lungs need lots of water, warm water is best and add lemon to act as a mucous dissolver
- Use a neti pot with filtered warm saline water
- Steam eucalyptus and peppermint- put a towel over your head and inhale through your nose
- Keep the air in your home clean
- Change the air filter in your home
- Use an air purifier
- Use a humidifier (add a couple of drops of colloidal silver to disinfect the air)
- Add indoor plants
- Use green cleaning supplies
- Use an essential oil diffuser with Clean the Air essential oil
- Do side bending stretches to open your ribs to allow your lungs to expand
- Massage your intercostal muscles (between the ribs) with your index finger to relax tense muscles and allow the lungs to expand. This helps especially if you have been coughing and the ribs tense up.
- Do cardiovascular exercise to keep the lungs and lymph clean
- Avoid heavy foods such as fried oils, gluten, and dairy products that create or thicken mucous
Wishing you much health and wellness during this time where respiratory health is of utmost importance.