1. I was born 1 hour before the 4th of July 1976 making me almost an exact
anniversary of a bicentennial baby.
2. Freedom and independence inspires me
3. I was born in Montclair, CA
4. I’m the middle child of 8
5. My Enneagram Personality is 7
6. My Meyers Briggs is a ENFP-T
7. If you’re into horoscopes, my sign is Cancer
8. My Chinese horoscope is a Fire Dragon
9. As a child, I loved to climb up the olive tree in my backyard to be alone, read, and journal
10. I’ve journaled since I was 7 and still do. I lost all my childhood journals and started my first blog as an online journal that couldn’t be lost
11. I love treehouses and would love to stay in them all over the world
12. I was a gymnast as a child and as an adult I enjoy aerial dance such as pole, lyra, and hammock
13. My first experience with yoga was at 15 and I fell in love. I still practice and teach to this day
14. My parents and grandparents had gardens growing up and I dream of having an edible landscape full of unique produce
15. I’ve loved cooking since I was 7 and made a goal to make every recipe in my mom’s cookbook
16. I love health and wellness thanks to my parents influence and stack of Prevention magazines I read as a child
17. I toured CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and considered attending but I didn’t see a connection to health with the food
18. I went vegan in 2007 and love making recipes that are oil free, gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan.
19. I went to summer school as a kid just for the fun of it. I still love learning and consider it a joy of life and a habit
20. As a pre-teen I became a popular babysitter, when the kids fell asleep I would deep clean and organize their homes for fun
21. Since I was a teen I loved revamping old furniture to look new again. I love a good makeover
22. I absolutely drool over neatly organized cabinets and drawers
23. I love interior design. Many times I have given room makeovers as gifts
24. I am currently redecorating my old home with the vision of creating a home wellness sanctuary
25. I love and have been snowboarding since I was 18
26. I was 20 the first time I flew on an airplane and had no idea what turbulence was and was scared we were going to crash
27. I became a mom at 20, my son Alex is now 24
28. Shortly after, I moved to Hawaii
29. 2 years later, I gave birth to Meg who was born 6 weeks early. She turns 22 next week
30. I learned to surf while living in Hawaii. I was surfing 2-3 times a week but haven’t been over the past year and I miss it
31. My earliest story of dancing was from my mom who told me when I was about 2 I went missing when we were leaving a grocery store. She saw a circle of people with a boombox. When she went to ask if they had seen me, she found me dancing in the center of the group while everyone was cheering me on.
32. I was raised Mormon, but no longer active since 17, but still am living a spiritually led life.
33. I love catching the sunrise and sunsets and see them as symbols like baptism (forgiveness) and blessings (gratitude)
34. When I was 24 and my grandfather was passing I begged him to prove his spirit lived on and 2 years later he honored his promise and came though.
35. Since then, on rare occasions I have received messages from those who have crossed over to their loved ones.
36. My first massage inspired me to go to school to become a Holistic Health Practitioner and get as many free massages as possible
37. I love warm weather and am thankful I’ve lived in Southern California, Hawaii, and Cabo
38. I love nature and National Parks. My favorite so far are Yosemite and Zion. Yellowstone is also incredible.
39. I didn’t travel much while raising my little ones, but since they have grown I’ve traveled to Vancouver, Montreal, India, Bahamas, Guatemala, Mexico: Cabo and Playa Del Carmen, Bali, Lombok, Gili Air. I hope it’s just the beginning.
40. I dream about living in a new place for 4-6 months at a time to absorb the culture and lifestyle. Places I want to visit are Fiji, Bora Bora, New Zealand, Tulum, Sayulita, Tel Aviv, Portugal, and Greece
41. Over the years I have become a low key minimalist and love it.
42. In Cabo I lived off 2 suitcases and discovered it was more than I needed. In Bali I lived off 1 backpack and one carryon and that was still more than enough.
43. I am amazed with my courage, resilience, and versatility. I am so thankful to have lived this long, to be healthy, and feel good.
44. Cheers to warm sand, cenotes, sun, fun, food, good moods, life and love
Got Questions? Feel free to Email Me