Back to school and doing my ABC’s all over again in a whole new way! Instead of the pencil and paper I am using my body! 😉
I chose to focus on cardio today because I still felt pretty sore from the workouts earlier in the week. I feel it is important to flush the body with circulation to workout all the lactic acid and to bring blood flow to all the sore muscles so they can heal faster.
In the video I shared that I wrote out a brainstorming list of all the fun ways I wanted to move and exercise my body. I thought I’d share some of the things that were on my list here.
- Power Yoga
- 5 K race with my kids
- Zumba (there is a local upcoming event called Zumba in da Club that I might hit up too)
- Kettlebell (did this with Naim on Day 5)
- Rollerskating (did that with Julia on Day 2)
- Surfing (I practiced in the pool on Day 4)
- Bike riding along the beach
- Hiking (while the weather is amazing) even better if it is a wild edibles hike 😉
- Playing on my kids Ripstik
- Belly dance
- Play on the rings and bars on Santa Monica beach
- Hula hoop workout (this sounds silly, but I loved doing it as a child and I have no idea how a hula hoop workout looks like)
- Strip tease/pole
- Acro yoga/ Partner Yoga ( I like using my kids on some of the acro yoga poses, but they insist they are too grown up to play like that)
- Pussycat Dolls Workout/ Burlesque style dancing
- Athletic Sex/Tantra (this one is on a waiting list until I am in a committed relationship)
- Climb the Stairs in Laguna Beach
- Boot camp
- Obstacle Course
- Brazilian Booty (I wanna do this with my friend, Teresa Jordan who says she goes to THE BEST class for this)
- Swing on a Trapeze (I may save this for when my muscles are stronger and I can do more)
- Kite surf
- Wind surf
- Wake board
- Snowboard (this will have to wait until the season is calling my name)
- JUST dance …swing, salsa, bollywood, etc…. any or all of the above I am DOWN!!!
60 min elliptical
60 min belly dancing class
30 min walk
What did you do today?