For centuries cultures have honored the lunar cycle and now science shows more findings that these cycles of the moon affect the growth of plants, animals mating, ocean tides, and even our energy, hormones, and aligns with women’s menstruation cycles.
If the new moon energy inspires mother nature to clean house, then why not take advantage of that same cleansing energy and apply it into our own lives? Especially since the momentum of the new moon energy is a very brief period of time.
Mother Nature is a powerful teacher and it’s time to pay attention to the cycles and take advantage of the energy that is occurring all around. When I align with nature’s energy, I notice that struggle diminishes and life flows. If that’s something that you want too, then read on, sync up, and join me for a 28-day challenge since September 9th is the start of the new moon.
The new moon which is the start of a new cycle. It represents the aligned timing for a total release of the old, waste, and excess in our lives. During this time, anxieties, memories, and experiences may rise up, eager to be dealt with. It’s a good time to take stock and to draw conclusions from them. Existing structures have fulfilled their purposes, and need to be destructed, or reconstructed to make room for the new. It’s a great time to look inward, honor our bodies and assess our lives. What is working and what isn’t working?
It is a time to set intentions and to cleanse the body and mind of stale energy and stagnation. It’s a strong time for healing and renewal. In doing so, it creates time, space, and energy to start living in a new and refreshed in a more precise manner. During this time, you might want to be open to important learning, to receive knowledge, to set intentions, and to make new plans.
If you don’t know where to begin cleaning up the old waste in your life, consider answering the following 3 questions.
– What is weighing me down right now?
– What aspect of my life can I clean up right now?
– What am I ready to let go of so that I may experience more bliss, connection, and fulfillment?
Once you are finished with answering those questions, act on it as soon as possible, and ideal complete the cleanup phase within the week before the cycle changes again.
Here are some aspects of life that might be in need of cleaning in your life!
- Clean up wasted time, laziness, procrastination, distractions and reconnect with your focused priorities
- Clean up your to-do list and calendar and reconnect with your dreams in your heart and align your goals
- Clean up your energy (how you are being: thinking, feeling, behaving)
- Cleanse your mind of negative thinking by listening to positive thoughts. Check out Louise Hays affirmations
- Cleanse your heart of negative emotions with Forgiveness. Check out Ho’oponopono and radiate love
- Cleanse your body: language (closed/guarded), tension, stiffness, and pain
- Clean up your communication skills: THINK: is what you are saying: true, helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind?
- Clean up your how you “do”: rather than going through motions, slow down, focus and do your best with what’s in front of you with full engagement
- Clean up your environment: everything you see, taste, smell, hear, & touch
- Clean up immoral activities (body harming)
- Clean up illegal activities (against the law)
- Clean up unethical activities (against your spiritual code/ life standards)
- Clean up your financial life: lighten up your debt and spending- buy only that which you wish to see more of in the world
- Clean up what you watch, read, and listen to
- Clean up your digital life: phone and laptop, and emails
- Clean up your waste- reduce, reuse, recycle, conserve, compost & energy usage
- Clean up your home, then sage and bless it
- Clean up your health habits: the way you eat, sleep, exercise, and relax
- Clean out your colon from mucoid plaque, candida, parasites, bacteria, and mold- Cleanse by Lori can help with this! 😉
- Clean up your toxic hygiene habits products: Ask me about my Glow program
- Clean out your closets and drawers
- Clean up how you relate to people, places, and things in your life – are you loving and supportive
- Clean up your home: let in the sunlight, fresh air, get air filters, water filters
- Clean up your “work” or J.O.B. (joy of being) is what you do providing heartfelt contribution and value?
- Clean up your pet care: healthy food and green hygiene
- Clean up your car inside and out and driving habits
- Clean up your presence in person and online: website and any social media
- Clean up your pain and turn it into profits
If you’re inspired, feel free to go through this list or create your own and over the course of the next 4 weeks see what you can clean up by spending one hour a day cleaning up your life.
Bonus for the ladies and their monthly cycles, if your cycle does not align with the new moon, consider spending more time in nature, perhaps start taking sunrise or sunset walks until your body syncs up. It may time a few months to align, but it will happen the more you spend time in nature.
If you want to be prepared to take advantage of the cleansing energy cycles of the new moon, here are the remaining New Moon Dates for 2018
- September 9th- start today!
- October 9th
- November 9th
- December 7th