I have some momentum now that I have completed the 30 day fitness challenge and I want to keep on going. Early on in the fitness challenge I KNEW that the next challenge would be to strengthen my emotional well being. I am thrilled to be challenging myself in this way. Although, I have to admit I do get a surge of adrenaline just thinking about what I know some of the exercises will require. If you feel that this resonates with you and you are inspired, feel free to come along with me. Challenges are more fun when you are going through them with others.
What is emotional fitness?
“It’s an ability to bounce back from the latest challenge. It’s a series of mind habits that you can learn, which make you stronger and more resilient. Like any kind of fitness, the more you practice, the better you get.”
What benefits could be experienced as a result of this challenge?
- a deep sense of fulfillment in life
- the ability to roll with life and turn lemons into lemonade
- falling in love with yourself, your life, and all the experiences that led you to this moment
- a gorgeous and healthy body and willingness to nourish and exercise your body
- let go of sabotaging habits
How do I know if I am Emotionally Fit?
I found this simple Emotional Fitness Quiz that stays pretty basic, but you may find it helpful.
Who is this challenge for?
People who are experiencing the following on an overall consistent basis:
- negative programming and are acting out of default mode
- emotions that swing like a pendulum & demonstrating bi-polar behaviors
- feeling paralyzed by fear, unable to take action
- Extended periods of anxiety, overwhelm, stress
- poor health, lack of physical exercise, abuse drugs, alcohol, food
- poor wealth, debt, impulsive buying, taking rather than giving, scarcity mindset, complacency, depression
- poor relationships, gossiping, complaining, cursing, blaming, shouting, fighting, instigating, pushing, forcing, controlling
- Poor sense of self image, insecurity, lack of self control, self sabotage
- Victim mentality that the world is out to get them, hurt them, rob them, etc…
- Inability to relax and enjoy life: regretting the past, fearing the future
Who is this challenge NOT for?
This challenge is NOT for people who are emotionally fit and experience the following on an overall consistent basis:
- aware of their feelings, thoughts, beliefs, words, and actions
- identifies fear, recontextualize it into love and move forward courageously to where it appears effortless
- understands the purpose of emotions and knows how to bring themselves up from negative emotion
- accepts and embraces 100 % responsibility for their life and what shows up in their life
- does not act, speak, make decisions while in a state of fear
- feeling full of love and shine it everywhere they go
- maintain high and consistent levels of inspiration
- takes impeccable care of themselves, their health, others, and their environment
- feeling of abundance, safety, security, well being
- loving and supportive relationships
This challenge isn’t for you if I just described you! You are already an emotionally fit person and you can just cheer us along on our journey!
“That’s Just YOUR Personality Type and I Don’t have that Trait.”
Recently I was opening up with a friend and telling them about the completion of my last romantic relationship. I was telling them how at first it was shocking, and I went through some tough times, but then I realized how the breakup was a good thing. I shared how I started seeing how I could make the most of where I was and to be thankful for even having the experience of love, companionship, and all the life experiences we shared together in the first place. I shared that I still cared deeply for and supported my former partner and was cheering him on in his life.
Quickly she responded, “Yeah well, that’s just your personality type and I don’t have that trait. I still cannot see how my last boyfriend actually benefited my life.” She went on to tell me of all the ways that relationship was holding her back in her current life.
I want to be clear, that it is NOT just me and my personality type, but rather a conscious choice that I made to shift my paradigm to see my experience in that way. It is a muscle that you can strengthen and when you do you will truly let go of burdens and feel free in your life.
I am by no means a psychologist, although I find the topic fascinating. I also admit that I am not the most emotionally fit person I know. I have much room to grow and that is just what this challenge is all about. It is the daily practice and accountability of strengthening the integrity of my character, mindset, beliefs, emotions. In this challenge I will be sharing with you my intimate journey and the resources that I am using to become emotionally fit.
What Areas are Covered in This Emotional Challenge
- Emotions and Feelings
- Thoughts, Beliefs and Attitudes
- Words and Communication
- Actions and Behaviors
How Do I Join The Challenge?
I will be posting videos and blog posts. Check in with me by commenting below the posts. Do the exercises I am doing, check out the resources that I am using. Share your insights, your results from doing the exercises, your story. I would even be more thrilled if you started your own blog or video journal along with me. I find it really deepens the experience. This is your opportunity baby…. join me! C’mon … you know you want to! 😉
I am happy to have you with me!